UPAVIM seeks a highly motivated and energetic person interested in forming and helping run preventative health programs and training UPAVIM women on health subjects.
Growth Monitoring Program – Work together with the nurse and/or other women to:
- Take height and weight and assess the children’s development twice a week in the clinic, for the community and for the centro infantil;
- Evaluate children of the centro infantil for development delay and offer weekly early stimulation to those who need it;
- Provide weekly early intervention, one to one or group based, for children in the community;
- Provide advice to parents on nutrition, development and how to support their children development at home.
Community Health Education:
Organize and deliver a program of talks on different subjects (hygiene, prevention of illnesses, normal development, nutrition, importance of exercising, etc.) for the community and for the women of UPAVIM.
UPAVIM Exercise Program:
Train the teachers on the importance of exercise, providing physical activity guidelines and advice on how to choose age-appropriate exercises and support them when needed. Organize an exercise program for UPAVIM women, to convey the need for and importance of regular exercise and offer and hour-long exercise session once or twice each week.
- Have a background in health care, fitness, nutrition is preferred.
- Have proficiency in Spanish.
- Enjoy working with people, helping them form goals, and helping them meet those goals.
- Be a self-starter and disciplined in your daily activities.
- Have a desire to live and work with the women and children of La Esperanza.
- Have skills for delivering training and creating educational material.
Length of Commitment:
A minimum commitment of one year is preferred.